Industrial Design & Architecture Syllabus
(that we have to ask ourselves again and again):
- How can design solve problems and improve products?
- How can I incorporate Art into the Design Process?
- What makes a design good or bad?
- What are the important considerations in architectural design?
- Technically, how do I create a and isometric drawing, an orthographic projection, and a CAD design?
Content (what are we going to learn?)
- Technical Drawing
- ProEngineer Wildfire
- History of product design and architecture
- Personal expression
- Visual problem solving
- How to participate in a critique
Outcomes (what will we be able to do?)
- Consciously make choices that communicate ideas and solve problems in our models
- Demonstrate proficiency in mechanical drawing and CAD software
- Solve visual problems creatively
- Reflect on design work of ones own and of others
- Participate constructively in critiques
Assessments (what things will be graded?)
- Written Assignments
- Digital Skills Assignments
- Art History Project
- Final Project
- In-class projects
Grading Criteria (what is our grade based on?)
- Level of Self-Challenge
- Content and communication of work
- Rubric of each assignment
- Effort and Attitude
50% - Projects
25% - Exercises
10% - Participation/critique
15% - Citizenship (conduct)