What are we doing?
- Taking photographs that contain strong representations of the elements of design listed below
- composition with LINES
- composition with TEXTURE
- composition with SHAPE
- composition with POSITIVE and/or NEGATIVE SPACE
- composition with REPETITION
- Composition with CONTRAST (surface, value, pattern, etc.)
CHECKLIST: What should I turn in? What will be graded?
6 images that each show a different element of design
conference w/ Ms. Epp showing her all photos taken
Word doc illustrating all 6 of the above elements of design (no repeats) using photos from BLINDSPOT
What should I make sure to do? What should I think about?
- Make sure to use WHITE BALANCE and EXPOSURE COMPENSATION if needed. Also make sure that photo is in focus
- Think about how you can use what you have already learned about shadows and light, to help to form elements in the composition.
- Rule of thirds , balance , diagonal lines , curves,
camera angle, focal length
- Think about what you are trying to say with the photograph.
Is it just “pretty”, or are you trying to tell the viewer something?
What should I do if I need help?
- Ask Ms. Epp. Seriously ! That is what she is there for!