Art Class Expectations
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM ME
- I will be open minded about ideas that you have. I will give you as much freedom as I can, while also providing help when you need it.
- I will be supportive of new things that you want to try in art class.
- I will grade fairly, not on talent, but on effort.
- I will be easy going, but I will be there to help you do the best work you can.
- I will be available to answer questions for you.
- I will help you learn more about making and looking at art.
WHAT I EXPECT FROM YOU
- For you to come to class on time and ready to do work.
- For you to listen during instruction time or during demonstrations (basically, do not talk while I am teaching, and pay attention to what is going on.)
- For you to experiment in your art making and try new things in class.
- For you to treat materials with respect. No throwing things or losing things. Always clean your materials and workspace at the end of each class.
- For you to use respectful language at all times (no racist, sexist, homophobic, or violent speech.)
- For you to not speak negatively about anyone's artwork.
- For you to have a good time in class, and make art that you feel good about.
- For you to tell me what is going on with the work you are doing in class and how class is going for you.
- For you to ASK QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!