What are we doing?
- Using layers in PhotoShop and/or Illustrator
- create a design that has at least 10 layers
- can be fine art, poster, product, album cover, etc.
- size minimum: photoshop=5x7 at 200 dpi or illustrator=letter size
- Things to make think about:
- font, colors, placement, and details all work together to convey meaning
- active use of positive and negative space in the overall design
- think about how you will do the layering and overlapping. Choose which elements should come forward and which should recede backwards.
- how can the layers interact with each other? though color, transparancy, content, etc.
- incorporate the Principles and Elements of Design to create a stronger image
CHECKLIST: What should I turn in /participate in? What will be graded?
- 2 initial sketches in sketchbook
- The final design
- Class Critique/Reflection
- Classroom citizenship (attitude, effort, clean-up)
What should I make sure to do? What should I think about?
- Have the layers interact with each other
- Design can communicat ideas and feelings. What do you want to convey through your work?
- Check the rubric again to really review what I expect from you in your designs.
- Make sure that you are in control, not the computer. Have reasons for the design
looking the way it does. Go in and re-do or change areas if needed. There is
no need to rush. It is quality over quantity.
What should I do if I need help?
Ask Ms. Epp. That is what she is there for!