What are we doing?
- Starting a Design Firm (by yourself)
- Come up with a name
- Design a logo for your company that reflects your sense of style and design
- Get a client brief and design the following, based on the client's needs/wants
- business card
CHECKLIST: What should I turn in /participate in? What will be graded?
- Design firm logo
- Client's logo, letterhead, business card, envelope
- Class Critique/Reflection
- Classroom citizenship (attitude, effort, clean-up)
What should I make sure to do? What should I think about?
- When using shapes in your designs, make sure that your shapes are visually INTERESTING and COMPLEX. Do not go for the easiest shape. Really work with the shapes to refine them.
- Make sure you take into account the needs and wants of your client. How can you best express them visually?
- What ideas can you come up with without the computer? Then how can Illustrator help you make those designs even better?
- Think about what is unique about your designs. Remember, the corporate identity is the visual public "face" of the company, and should help to strengthen their image.
What should I do if I need help?
Ask Ms. Epp. That is what she is there for!