What are we doing?
- Creating an image made of shaped type, must be at least 30 words.
- Can add up to 4 simple lines/shapes. These should NOT be the focus of the piece
- Must use at least 10 layers in Illustrator
- can use: type on a path, type in a shape, rotation/alteration, envelope shaped
- For the text, you can use:
- lyrics from a song you like
- poem by an established author from this site (adds 2 points)
- poem, journal entry, short story, or lyrics by YOU (adds 4 points)
- Shaped type must convey meaning to match the words
- Literal or abstracted interpretation
CHECKLIST: What should I turn in /participate in? What will be graded?
- Project file saved in "turn in" folder on the server
- 4 sketches in sketchbook for this project
- Class Critique/Reflection
- Classroom citizenship (attitude, effort, clean-up)
What should I make sure to do? What should I think about?
- Make sure that your type has MOVEMENT. It should lead your eye around the page.
- Think about your WHITE SPACE...it is just as important as the type. Do not let it be leftover space. Have a plan of how you can activate it.
- Go beyond the obvious literal meaning of the words. Please no love songs shaped like a heart. Think about the way the words make you feel, or the rhythm of the words.
- Think about what is unique about your design
What should I do if I need help?
Ask Ms. Epp. That is what she is there for!