Monuments and Memorials
What are we doing?
- Working in groups of 2-4 to plan, design, and build a model for a monument or memorial
- Submitting a proposal that includes:
- A finished brainstorming worksheet
- A final blueprint done first in pencil, then in ink/marker and colors
- Creating a model of your monument or memorial set in the location you have chosen
What should we make sure to do?
- Make choices/decisions about form and surface to tell the view about the idea of the monument or memorial
- Work together as a team, with each member helping at each stage of planning, designing, and building
What should we thing about?
- Think about what is important about the cause for which you are creating a monument or memorial. How can you express those ideas visually?
- Think about three dimensional COMPOSITION (how you arrange everything together)!!!
- Are you using materials that help convey the idea of the monument or memorial?
- Does the form , surface texture , shapes , and colors used help convey the idea?
What should we do if we need help? Ask Ms. Epp!!!!