What are we doing?
- Creating 3 different kinds of shapes. Choose from the following
- Geometric, Organic, Cropping, Joining, and Repetition
- Cut shapes from thick paper, and use to trace a STRUCTURED or RANDOM pattern
- Using watercolors to fill in the shapes and the background
- Using Washes, Wet in Wet, and Dry Brush techniques
- Drawing furniture to place in front of the wallpaper by looking at positive/ negative space
CHECKLIST: What should I turn in /participate in? What will be graded?
- Participate in group discussion about types of shapes
- The completed wallpaper with furniture composition
- Class Critique/Reflection
- Classroom citizenship (attitude, effort, clean-up)
What should I make sure to do? What should I think about?
- Make sure that your shapes are visually INTERESTING and COMPLEX. Do not go for the easiest shape. Really work with the shapes to refine them.
- Make sure that you have rules for your structured patterns.
- Think about what is unique about your shapes/patterns. What makes them interesting enough to grab someone's attention.
- Draw your piece of furniture by looking not only at the furniture,
but also at the space between the parts of the furniture.
What are we graded on?
- Participation in discussions
- Craftsmanship (care, effort, and neatness)
- Creativity, experimentation, and use of lines to show emotion
- Behavior and enthusiasm (during class and during clean up)
- Effort (in art work and during clean up)
What should I do if I need help?
Ask Ms. Epp. That is what she is there for!