What are we doing?
- Photographing and writing an article about a person, an issue,
or an event.
What should I turn in?
- Article written to accompany the images
- Insert images into article using layout program
- We will watch a documentary about National Geographic photographers and complete a worksheet based on the film.
What should I make sure to do?
- Make sure to meter, focus, and consider every object in the frame.
- Plan ahead and think about the various things you can shoot to give a complete complex depiction of the story.
- Be an ACTIVE PHOTOGRAPHER. Think about timing, angles, orientation, mid/fore/background, distance, scope, clutter, compositional issues, framing, depth of field, blurred/frozen motion, and content.
What should I think about?
- Think about how you can use what you have already learned about shadows and light , and composition, and angles/distance to help to make beautiful and ugly compositions. Think about THE WHOLE FRAME!!!!! Are you using any of the principles and elements of design ? What about the camera angle and the focal length ? Is there clutter in your photograph? Are you being ACTIVE???
- Think about what you are trying to say with the photograph.
What should I do if I need help?
Ask Ms. Epp