What are we doing?
- Being both Art Director and Photographer. Setting up different photoshoots and taking several portraits of ONE person.
Of those photos please turn in:
- 2 photographs of the SAME person that show very different personalities or moods.
- Change: Hair, make-up, clothing, props, lighting, background, location, angles, distance from the camera, framing, etc. BE AN ACTIVE PHOTOGRAPHER!!
- Try to set up scenes that convey very different moods or feelings. For example: innocent, mysterious, humorous, serious, playful, angry, energetic, depressed, dignified, loving, somber, etc.
What should I make sure to do?
- Plan ahead and think about each aspect of the set up. Think about what lighting creates what kind of mood. Same with every other aspect of the photograph.
- Make sure to use WHITE BALANCE and EXPOSURE COMPENSATION if needed. Also make sure that photo is in focus
- Think about THE WHOLE FRAME!!!!! Are you using any of the principles and elements of design ? What about the camera angle and the focal length ? Is there clutter in your photograph? Are you being ACTIVE???
- Rule of thirds , balance , diagonal lines , curves,
camera angle, focal length
What should I think about?
- How lighting affects mood. Think about DIFFUSED and DIRECTIONAL lighting.
- How can you visually show someone's personality. How can you make them look like they have different personalities? What do you need to charge to accomplish this?
- Think about what you are trying to say with the photograph.
Is it just pretty, or are you trying to tell the viewer something?
What should I do if I need help?